Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default How do they work?

and quite a lot of radio interference I noticed a few years ago when messing
around with a radio near a shop with them round the window.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Got a set of Xmas lights. Gawd knows how they do them at the price.
Blue and White. PS/controller gives a variety of programmes. Including
flashing the blue and white alternately, or all on together. But only two
wires from the PS. I can see reversing the polarity could have one colour
or the other, but how both at once with no apparent flicker? Fast
switching?

Yup pretty much... Throw a bit of PWM into the mix as well, and you should
be able to get dimming and fading effects as well.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |