Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight beadbreaker?

On 12/12/2016 05:16 PM, Oren wrote:
Lay the tire on ground. let the air out, remove the valve core from
the valve stem. Drive your vehicle onto the tire edge and break the
bead.

I tried the bumper jack approach to bead breaking once. I jacked the '51
Chevy up just fine; the bead was not impressed.

I've done quite a few tube-type bike tires and have had more problems
getting the bead to seat than breaking it. Running a short way on the
flat tire does the trick if it's really stubborn.