Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Baron Frank Baron is offline

Default Question about breaking the bead using a harbor freight bead breaker?

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 16:16:28 -0800, Oren advised:

So how did you use this bead breaker anyway?

Lay the tire on ground. let the air out, remove the valve core from
the valve stem. Drive your vehicle onto the tire edge and break the
bead.

Did the guy from Harbor Freight tell you what was needed?

I was going to say that I want to do it the "right" way at home.
I know all the redneck methods, so I don't really want them.
I know about the trailer hitch jack method, and the driving over it method
and the use the car as a lever method, etc.

But I just want to use the tire breaker because it is *designed* for the
job.

If you've never broken the bead of a passenger tire with a tire breaker you
won't be able to help because this is the kind of question that takes
someone who has actually done it.

Jokes about going to the tire changing shop are also out of place in this
thread (but someone will think he's funny by mentioning that).

I just am asking for an answer from someone who knows the answer.
Nothing more or less than that.

I don't mean to be rude, but I am trying to use the tire breaker and not
some redneck method.

I'm just asking how.