Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default band saw belts

On 12/11/2016 12:10 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"Jack" wrote in message
news
On 12/10/2016 11:55 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

I do know a link belt improved my bandsaw. It was worth the trip to HF.

Do you have any before and after shots? I'd love to see the difference.
BS are not known for smooth finishes at any rate.

If the whole machine is vibrating the blade is moving with it. Link belts
don't change the quality of the cut, that depends upon the blade and -
possibly - movement unique to the blade (wheels, tires, guides). What link
belts do is cut down vibration due to power transmission.

BUT if a machine vibrates it is highly likely the blade will vibrate at
a different rate/amount. The blade is spinning and because blades flex
there would not be a direct absolute movement in concert with the rest
of the machine.

On a planer or joiner or DP maybe no problem. But certainly on a TS or BS.