Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Are there any 'all mains' doorbells at reasonable prices?

In article ,
Bod wrote:
On 12/12/2016 17:55, Bod wrote:
On 12/12/2016 17:48, Tim+ wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
I'm after a doorbell (preferably one which has two or more sounders)
which doesn't use batteries at all. I.e. both the button(s) and the
sounders are mains powered. I don't even mind all that much if wire
is required between the button(s) and the sounders but wireless would
be easier.

Are there any out there? I can find quite a few with mains powered
sounders but they still have battery powered buttons.

I don't think you'll find what you're looking for because, IMO, that is
probably the worst idea I've ever heard for running something as
simple as
a doorbell. ;-)

Tim

I got a mains doorbell because I got fed up with the wireless bell
pushes packing up I had about four go intermitant or simply packed up
completely.
The mains one (including the wired bell push) has been faultless.

Added to that, on random occasions the wireless doorbell push would ring
when nobody was there. I assume that it was getting a stray signal
from somewhere.

Other thing that some may not care about is an ordinary bell push can be
found in a variety of designs including say flush polished brass or
chrome. Rather than those horrible plastic surface mount things I see
everywhere. I find it strange to see a front door with expensive door
furniture but a cheap and nasty plastic wireless push just plonked on the
architrave.

--
*PMS jokes aren't funny; period.*

Dave Plowman London SW