Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Questions which came up only AFTER I drilled a hole in concrete

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 23:47:35 +0000 (UTC), Frank Baron
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 15:41:13 -0800, Oren advised:

Maybe. If you raise a stink about it. What you need is a masonry
drill bit to fit the drill. Not an SDS bit.

Thanks. Too bad I didn't ask you first, but now I have the bits and the
drill, neither of which I can use.

Since I already have a 1/2-inch drill, what good is a "hammer drill" other
than drilling concrete?

Does it have a second use?

Ordinary drills can have a hammer/impact feature that you can use a
masonry bit in it. SDS drills and bits are not always necessary. They
work great doing heavy work, not a few holes in a patio pad ~ 4 inches
thick. Sounds to me you allowed the Harbor Freight guy say what you
needed.