Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23868 Ignoramus23868 is offline

Default Secret CIA assessment

There is a big news item circulating, saying that a "secret CIA
assessment" is suggesting that the Russians hacked the election. If
true, it may be the first CIA assessment in a row of false ones, to be
a true assessment.

The previous ones, about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq,
condition of ISIS and so on, all turned out to be false and
politically motivated. My first question is, which is this -- a
conclusion on a domestic matter- a "CIA" assessment rather than a FBI
assessment. CIA, after all, is for spying abroad and not for
investigating spying in our homeland.

And second, why is it secret? Is that, possibly, so that it would not
be challenged?

The only explanation is that, just like most such past "CIA
assessments", they are nothing but political hot air, maybe a last
ditch attempt to sway "electors".

Amusingly, even the FBI does not support this "assessment".

It is sad to see how we have so deteriorated politically, Hillary and
Trump being top contenders to lead our country, and everything that is following.