Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Are there any 'all mains' doorbells at reasonable prices?

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 18:24:23 -0000, harry wrote:

On Monday, 12 December 2016 17:33:06 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
I'm after a doorbell (preferably one which has two or more sounders)
which doesn't use batteries at all. I.e. both the button(s) and the
sounders are mains powered. I don't even mind all that much if wire
is required between the button(s) and the sounders but wireless would
be easier.

Are there any out there? I can find quite a few with mains powered
sounders but they still have battery powered buttons.

--
Chris Green
·

You can buy a door bell transformer that fits in one of the ways in your consumer unit instead of a MCB.

Eg:-
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK5711.html

If you happen to have that style of CU.

--
O'Hare Approach Control to a 747: "United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."
United 239: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this... I've got the little Fokker in sight."