Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default Are there any 'all mains' doorbells at reasonable prices?

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:33:18 -0000, Tim+ wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:
Clive Arthur wrote:

it's worth pointing out that the bell push batteries
last pretty much the battery shelf life in normal use as they're only
drained when the button is pushed.

How does that explain every battery powered one I ever try to use being
flat?

Probably because it's a wireless bell. ;-)

I find 50% of wireless bells take 1-3 seconds to transmit, by which time you've not heard them and assumed they're broken, then knock. I even had one ring after someone answered the door!

--
In a recent survey 40% found they didn't have time to answer the
question, 25% hung up the phone when the question was being