Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie17T Charlie17T is offline

Default HELP - Atlantic Suitcase Screw Removal

replying to nestork, Charlie17T wrote:
THX. I re-engineered both entire wheel systems. I'd had the wheels
replaced once before and they lasted a year. The design is poor, the shaft
is plastic, and the housing in hollow plastic. So I bought two roller blade
wheels drilled holes to insert a S.S. Bolt and Lock Cap Nut to become the new
axle, then poured epoxy into the space surrounding the new bolt (now axle) and
that provided me with an ultra strong and sturdy encasement for the shaft...
this is much better than the plastic insert shaft. (I also screwed into the
wheel support housing a few S.S. screws to add additional support after the
epoxy hardened.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...al-712577-.htm