Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default New Aerial socket

If the signal is not great, I'd have not thought it was the socket unless
its shorted out or open circuit. Have you tested it or looked inside?
To be honest, I don't like screw in aerials myself, as its far too easy to
damage something when you trip up over the flying lead. Often the actual
flying lead is the weakest link in the chain. they often use rubbish cable
for cheapness.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
.222...
Just getting around to changing plastic to brushed chrome for all the
sockets and switches in kitchen.
There is a TV Aerial outlet for a small TV. The signal is not great -
Would
I be better to use a satellite type of socket rather than traditional Co-
ax?