Michael

Default Replacing Dryer Door switch. How can I get at it?

I have a Kenmore dryer. Today I noticed that the door switch is
broken and permanently stuck in the closed state. While this means I
can still use the dryer, it also means that it will still work with
the door open and the light inside won't come on.

I called Sears (makers of Kenmore) and was told that it would cost $60
just to come look at it (more to fix) since it's no longer under
warrantee.

I believe I could fix it myself, but I can't figure out how to get at
it. From the diagram at
http://www3.sears.com/Paul/document_..._desc=DRYER &
it appears that the screw I need to remove the front panel is INSIDE
the dryer.

Anyone know how to get the front panel off and get access to the
switch?