Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default [ot] phone chargers

On 12/12/2016 12:00, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 11:42:01 +0000, Stephen wrote:

snip

IME USB charging is a minefield ... it's as standard as RS-232 (C).

Does the charger supply enough current ? I had a (car) charger which
simply could not keep my phone charged (let alone top it up) when the
satnav was running.

IIRC isn't there a fallback for dumb devices ?

+1
Assuming the charger even works
My Samsung tablet refuses to charge from anything less than a 2.1A
charger, it's not bothered by the brand of the charger though.
Also it will charge from the USB 3.0 on my desktop PC, albeit very slowly