Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Installing an outdoor wall sconce.

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 10:23:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Many outdoor wall-mounted fixtures have built-in light sensors. I have one on the front of our house between our 2 separate single family width garage doors. I have a second one that only comes on if it senses a person after dark. So, both are fully powered at all times (unless the circuit breaker or GFCI trips).

Having a switch will just cause confusion.

The $4.97 fixture he plans on using does not have a sensor. That's OK. He can get one when
the $4.97 fixture fails in a few months.