Posted to uk.d-i-y
Larry[_30_] Larry[_30_] is offline

Default Wiring Regs.

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 19:07:20 +0000, Larry wrote:

Just putting in a fused spur off the ring main - only 6 inches away from
existing double socket

Thanks for all responses - much appreciated.
I phoned the electrician who had done the installation of the new kitchen -
and told him of the problem. He was round the house like a rat up a drain -
obviously very concerned when I described the diagonally running cable.

BUT: as soon as he saw it - he said red and black - and heaved a sigh of
relief.
I had not spotted the colours - it was an existing cooker cable which was
already in place from years ago.
However, he said if one of his men had done it - he would have sacked them -
and he would have put in a new compliant cable.
So - I just need to fix in a new 6" length.
I am assuming crimping rather than a push-fit Wago type is preferred - views?