Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bandsaw blades and more

In article JJ6dnTUiKuWxytHFnZ2dnUU7-
, lcb11211@swbelldotnet
says...

On 12/10/2016 10:10 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 12/9/16 1:27 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

recently broke a blade so bought one of these blades

http://www.carterproducts.com/band-s...and-saw-blades

they have guide upgrade kits that look good but

Carter has everything for pimping your bandsaw, but they have perfected
the pricing to always be on the edge of way too high, but low enough to
make you look...

-BR

And if you have never used roller bearing guides you might not be happy.
My old Rikon had roller bearing guides and they were noisy and created
a lot of vibration when oily/damp wood stuck to the bearings and was
pounded into the blade.

I returned the BS for that and tracking reasons and got a Laguna with
the ceramic guides. Ceramic guides will scrape your blades clean.

I haven't had a problem with the roller guides
on my Craftsman but I did have to replace the
rollers at one point. 20 bucks at the local
roller skate shop for a box of bearings and I
was good to go.