Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default 'Star in a Jar' Fusion Reactor Works and Promises Infinite Energy

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:07:56 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 22:49:37 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

On 11/12/2016 22:15, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 21:12:27 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 11/12/16 22:06, dennis@home wrote:
On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 18:49:02 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson Sword
wrote:

http://www.space.com/34960-star-in-a...tor-works.html

It doesn't seem to say that fusion has been achieved, only that
plasma has been generated and confined. Neither does it say that
any planned fusion generates more energy than it takes to run
the
thing, nor how the energy surplus, if any, might be extracted.

Well it sounds like they've made a big step forwards.

People were making hydrogen plasmas when I was at uni, in the
basement of the physics building.
They were containing them in magnetic bottles too.

What is this new thing you think they have done?
They got $7.5m from the US government, who have obviously also
joined the EU, and spent it on a press release.

And ****** Wilkinson fell for it.

Stop feeding this pillock.
With no food he will just wither up and die.
When dead, the nation will save much dole money.

Shut up, you still use windows XP. Fusion probably looks like magic
to you.

I love XP, it has been kicking your arse around for nearly ten years.
This
was so easy.
Windows '98 kicked your arse around before XP.

For Win98, there was no arse kicking, just constant crashing and
rebooting.

Windows 7 is more reliable than XP though I admit it does gobble up
lots
more RAM.

We're on 10 now.....

Is this a royal statement? I'm not on 10.

That's because you're a ****ing useless luddite. Why would you not take
a FREE upgrade to a better OS?

Why, when Windows 10 won't run a couple of crucial programs?

What does Windows 10 give you 7 doesn't?

Because its free doesn't mean it's any better.