Speedy Jim

Default Finding drain pipe under a concrete slab

Leon wrote:

I need to put a drain for a washing machine in my basement. I suspect there
is a drain pipe under the concrete slab in the general area. My challenge is
how to find it without cutting up the concrete slab in half of the basement.
Is there a device similar to stud finders that one would get?

As noted, metal detectors aren't much good on PVC/clay pipe.

You can run a sewer snake thru and *maybe* detect the snake.
Or, run the snake and listen on the slab.

An old pro can walk on a slab and "hear" where the buried pipe is.

Jim