Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default trustpilot

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 18:06:03 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

Saying that it arrived fast gives an indication that the seller and
product is in the UK rather than from some Chinese sellers that claim UK
stock and a 2 day delivery whereas in reality the goods arrive 4 to 6
weeks later in jiffy bags with a Chinese customs declaration.

My Ebay feedback to sellers is generic and of one of two stock phrases.
I've given up reviewing anything on Amazon.

I'm fairly fed up with the tell us how good we are, are you satisfied
, how can we improve your purchasing experience , surveys anyway.
It has become a whole industry in itself and someone somewhere is
making money out of it and putting another overhead on the costs of
running a business and in most instances an unnecessary one.
We have got to the stage that a lot of online business triggers an
enquiry to report back "How did we do, have I been good" in a manner
reminiscent of a toddler seeking praise and comfort from Mummy because
it has got through the day without soiling its nappy.

If the purchase is for some reasonable complicated piece of hardware
that most will not be purchasing frequently like a TV there is some
justification to seek out peoples opinions, but asking how a customer
feels about something mundane like I was asked how I felt about some
vacuum cleaner bags is ridiculous, I'm sorry John Lewis but they are
just vacuum cleaner bags and I find it difficult to get excited over
such things. You stocked them ,the price was competitive, I purchased
,you delivered, Job done .
I don't want to hear from you again about it. If for any reason they
or your supply of such fell short of expectation then I would have
been in touch.
I suppose the next stage is that some bright spark will come up with a
scheme for the purchaser to " reward Peter who picked your package
and Angie in accounts who approved your purchase by ticking this box"
" Ticking this Box means that you are sending each employee a tip,
please note that 20% of it is kept by us to cover the cost of
fulfilling your generosity.

G.Harman