Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default trustpilot

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 10/12/16 13:48, TimW wrote:
'We care about your opinion and want to improve our service please
leave
a review on trustpilot' or some such thing.

A boiler part has not arrived. I paid online 10 days ago and have heard
nothing since. I get no reply to my emails. When I look at trustpilot I
see that 9% of the reviews give the lowest possible score of 1/5 stars.
30% are less than 5 stars and of the 5star reviews an awful lot of them
lack any of the incidental details that would convince you that they
are
genuine. On this basis trustpilot give the company an overall score of
'Great!'.

I have seen this before. Trustpilot is not an open, caring, sharing,
consumer empowerment group but a marketing tool for businesses. If they
are good businesses it's fine but when they are shoddy businesses it is
very disappointing to see how they work. I for one will be very
suspicious of any business which uses trustpilot in future.

Tim W

Yes - it's like Checkatrade.

The only 2 review sites I know of that aren't gash are Tripadvisor

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-2...claims/8053954

That's hardly a fault of TA (or its processes)

It is because their system can be rorted like that.