Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT tracking

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 9:40:25 AM UTC-5, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 06:02:16 -0800 (PST)
trader_4 wrote:

Actually, First Class is for up to 13 oz, not 1 lb.

Used to be 13, now it's under 1 lb.

Results
What is First-Class Mail®?
First-Class Mail® is the least expensive, most immediate option for mailing postcards, letters, and large envelopes 13 ounces or less. First-Class mail over 13 ounces is called Priority Mail®. Prices are based on shape, weight,
7/16/2015

http://faq.usps.com/

Sorry buttercup. You relied on that govt agency, USPS, and they are dumb
as bricks. They did raise the weight limit from 13 oz to under 16 oz for
first class mail. That happened almost a year ago, but the USPS website
apparently doesn't reflect it. Like you found, they say 13 oz. I also
tried using the shipping calculator there, and it won't allow first class
for anything over 13 oz. However, if you do some googling, you will see
I'm correct. Try the Ebay shipping calculator, it takes 15.99 and that
is what I have used to ship stuff over 13 oz with no problems.
Also Stamps.com:

http://www.stamps.com/usps/first-class-mail/

Ebay discussion of the changes last January:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-fo.../ba-p/26163626

Shipstation:

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-u...st-Class-Mail-

Apparently the only ones that don't know it are the incompetents running the
USPS website. ROFL. But are you surprised?