Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Chromeed Pipework

On 10/12/2016 20:12, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 19:53, wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 19:45:38 UTC, Ron Lowe wrote:
I'm replacing a rusty towel rail radiator in a bathroom.
The connecting pipework is a dog's dinner, and I'll be replacing that
too.

The visible pipework is to be chrome pipe, which I've never used before.

Any advice on what you can and can't do with chromed pipe?

Just remove the chrome where you solder or a compression olive goes.

Compression joints are fine with chrome pipe.

Just remember to tighten them a little more than you would on plain
copper since the olive can't bite into the pipe quite as easily.

(I say this having had a rad valve pop off the end of a pipe when I
touched it!)

--
Cheers,

John.