Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't find the water leak

On 12/10/16 1:28 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"slate_leeper" wrote in message
I wrote a while back about an underground water leak. Well, I have
determined that the water leak is not in the feed line but is
within the structure. I was misled by a main shutoff valve that
didn't fully shut off.

So, back to the problem. I am using 120 gallons a day (5 gallons
per hour) in a house that is unoccupied. I have inspected
everywhere. There are no dripping faucets. All toilets have been
shut off. There is no visible moisture anywhere. This is a 70's
"raised ranch" style house with no crawl space. Once the water
main enters from the street, all piping is within the structure.

So where the heck is it leaking?

Beats me but it will stop if you replace the faulty valve. You gave
to close rhe valve too.

Plus he might save some money by draining the system and shutting
the heat off if it's in a place where the pipes could freeze.