Posted to alt.home.repair
catalpa catalpa is offline

Default Can't find the water leak

"slate_leeper" wrote in message
I wrote a while back about an underground water leak. Well, I have
determined that the water leak is not in the feed line but is within
the structure. I was misled by a main shutoff valve that didn't fully
shut off.

So, back to the problem. I am using 120 gallons a day (5 gallons per
hour) in a house that is unoccupied. I have inspected everywhere.
There are no dripping faucets. All toilets have been shut off. There
is no visible moisture anywhere. This is a 70's "raised ranch" style
house with no crawl space. Once the water main enters from the street,
all piping is within the structure.

So where the heck is it leaking?

Get someone with good ears, they should be able to hear the water running in
one of the pipes. Then follow that pipe to the leak.