Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default OT Political

It happens that philo formulated :
On 12/10/2016 08:16 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

That aside, you refuse to consider the intent and actual meaning but I'm
curious as to why you read it to begin with? Did you go searching for
Newt to see what would set you off or was it sent to you by another with
the express purpose of generating the reaction it did?

Sheesh I said that yesterday I think. Who knows what I think now.

When it comes to actual home repair questions I'm pretty serious, I
like to steer people correctly or get good advice.

When it comes to politics I don't know jack **** and probably made
that statement about Newt because it didn't sit right with me at the
time.

The main thing I have against him is that he's Hubert Humphry-II

just a big gas bag.

...and tweets are like farts.

Tweets indeed are like farts and the one's I've seen from Trump and Gingrich
enforce that belief.

That said...If one has an attention span long enough to think coherently, a
lot could be said in those brief 140 characters

Too bad the public figures are just as thoughtlessly impulsive as I am on
Usenet.

Now going back to Newt.

Though I did not like the statement he made on Dec 7,
I do not absolutely hate the guy either.

Today I saw on the news that Trump, while president is supposedly going to
continue some TV show he has. (Tossed my TV out 25 years ago so have no clue
what kind of bull**** goes on there)

Newt made a statement saying he thought it "weird" that Trump would do such a
thing. So doggone it. I have to say I thought exactly the same thing.

I'll be very happy if Gingrich actually shows some guts.
I usually like surprises.

Aside from him not being wrong, do you suppose that Newt was unaware of
the manner in which his tweet would be received? I don't think so. I
think he was being a media whore with that remark. Do you think he
would praise Hitler for the brilliance of his "Final Solution" on
Memorial Day?

I think it puts him just a little closer to the likes of the Westboro
Baptist Church in this respect. Can you imagine a Japanese citizen
tweeting how brilliant we were in devising and dropping atomic bombs on
them while they are observing a Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony?