Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT Political

On 12/10/2016 09:29 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 3:21:05 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 12/09/2016 09:30 AM, trader_4 wrote:

--
Maggie

And what did Philo actually do? He came in here an totally misrepresented
what Newt said. He claimed that one sentence was the only thing Newt tweeted.
It was not. It was preceded immediately by another tweet that set the context
for what followed. THAT has nothing to do with being a "people person".
It's just being fair, sticking up for the truth. It has nothing to do with
emotion, but I can see how you would think it does. That's how you react,
with emotion and disregard for the facts, the truth.

I said that I quoted his Tweet completely.

Even though he made two other tweets that day, the one I had issue with
was the one I quoted

There you go again. Saying he made two other tweets that day makes it
sound like they were separate events, widely spaced in time. One immediately
preceded it, by two mins, and it placed what followed in context.
It's like quoting once sentence from a paragraph and then when
caught claiming that it's "standalone", saying, the author has
written other things on the subject.

If you followed my posts you will see that I quoted all three in correct
order. Yes, I mis-spoke but the bottom line is I had a problem with the
wording in the single tweet I quoted.

If I wrote an entire book and in one line I called someone an asshole,
they would not have to quote the entire book to tell me what they had a
problem with.