Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Sash weights, what to do with them?

On 12/7/2016 2:10 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 12/7/2016 1:54 PM, wrote:
After replacing my original late 1800's DH windows, I have a several
dozen cast iron sash weights, all around 8 lbs each. I hate to toss or
even scrap them, but so far have not come up with a useful repurposing
means...
Thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Send them to Jack, they can counterbalance his drill press table :-)
:-) :-0

I immediately thought that was coming next... doesn't surprise me it
came in several times...

I like the idea of using them for holding down tarps on firewood stack,
but the correct answer was get rid of them immediately and then think of
a use, or keep them forever and never, ever find a use. Your choice.

--
Jack
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research