Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default band saw belts

On 12/9/2016 8:10 PM, krw wrote:
On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 09:26:49 -0500, Jack wrote:

This is news to me. Generally "industrial" means high quality,
expensive, long lasting.

No, in general "industrial" is lower on the totem pole than
"automotive", with the latter being somewhat less than "military".
Automotive specs are, in general, much more rigorous than industrial.

That's news to me. To me, industrial describes something designed to
last a long time in continuous duty, IE; high strength, superior build
lots more money. The term is used often in advertising such as
"industrial strength" cleaner, so it means that to more than just me,
probably about everyone or the ad men would be using "automotive
strength" cleaner instead.

Automotive strength is a term I never heard uttered. Probably because
most people think auto's are designed to fail routinely, specifically
shortly after the 3 year warranty expires, you can expect frequent
failures until replacement.

Military strength is synonymous with industrial strength, but cost 10
times more than industrial strength, and 20-200 times more than
non-industrial strength.

--
Jack
You're never too old to learn something stupid.