Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Meter maids.

Andy Burns wrote:

I'm on a fixed eon tariff until March that is no longer available, the
cheapest alternative I can see out there at the moment is £43/year more
than I'm paying.

Just checked again with energylinx (rather than moneysavingclub) and the
cheapest fixed dual fuel tariff available now is £66/year more than my
fix due to expire end of March.

I can find a fixed gas tariff £26/year cheaper and a variable
electricity tariff only £34/year more expensive, but no fixed
electricity tariff better than £60/year more expensive.

So if retail gas prices are down, presumably wholesale prices are too?
Given how much of our electricity comes from gas what, other than
renewables, is pushing electricity prices up?