Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default What protection do crimped connections need (under floor)

Brian Gaff wrote:
I think I'd be a bit worried exactly why a wire is damaged and are any other
wires going the same route also damaged but still have continuity, myself.

OP here, yes, but in a sense that's a separate issue. I have bypassed
the existing broken wire and want to make my additions and changes
safe, hence my question about what extra protection (if any) insulated
crimps need.

The wire with a break was a 'single and earth' red cable, probably 1sq
mm so it is fairly fragile stuff. The other cable in the same buried
conduit is normal T&E and is functioning OK. The broken single and
earth was feeding an outside PIR light from a switch so that it could
be turned off. That's not really necessary, in fact was a bit of a
nuisance as it often got turned off when it was wanted to work. So I
have bypassed the broken wire and connected it directly to a 6 amp
lighting circuit.

I will label the broken wire as such (and the other wiring I have
identified in this process).

--
Chris Green
ยท