Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing an outdoor wall sconce.

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 20:33:34 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Hi, I need some advice.

I want to install a new wall sconce (like this:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-B...0317/202021766) on the exterior of my garage wall, where no light was before located. The garage wall is unfinished concrete block, both interior and exterior. I already drilled a 1" diameter hole through the block and inserted a 1"dia schedule 40 PVC electrical conduit through the hole. I am going to need a junction box, somehow on the outside, that would be covered by the wall sconce's collar. Unless it is the only NEC-approved method of installing an outdoor wall sconce, I would rather not cold-chisel-carve out a notch into the exterior of the block that would be big enough to insert (from outside) and bury a junction box within the concrete block. Is there an elegant way to do this? Is there some type of prefab mounting block that's deep enough to accomodate a (for example) 1"deep junction box within it?
All advice and references to examples are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Theodore

You want one of these.
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pro...d47e5_1000.jpg