Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_7_] krw[_7_] is offline

Default A new kind of Drill Press

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 10:21:19 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 12/9/2016 9:33 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Why? Like Leon, I'd put the post at the rear (unless the cabinet was
much deeper than the DP). There is no reason to spin the head around
and drill in the rear of the cabinet.

Yes the post is in the rear dumb ass. If I built a cabinet around it,
the post would be centered right to left, not front to back in the cabinet.

Well that's obvious. Most people are smart enough to save words for
something more meaningful.

Exactly!

..and yet you used 274 words to explain to me how you would build a cabinet
for an imaginary bench top drill press and how you don't really care about
floor space after originally saying "the floor model takes up valuable floor
space."

You sure could have saved some words there.

I'm not the one worried about running out of words. And I didn't ask
anyone about how to build a cabinet around my drill press. The dumb ass
pontificates about the post being in the back of the drill press (DUH)
so I have to "waste words" explaining to the dumb ass that the post is
centered left to right, not front to back (another DUH) then the idiot
chastises me for explaining it to him. He is a simpleton, plain and simple.

If you would write clearly, there wouldn't be any misunderstanding.
More words doesn't equate to better writing.

As for you wasting your time counting my words, I already "wasted words"
explaining my thoughts were not for the geniuses in this group to
explain to me what I needed to do, but to give my opinions on what I
would look for in a drill press based on my considerable experience.
I have not a problem with people making suggestions I didn't ask for,
since it provides a platform for everyone to learn.

....and the wasted words keep coming.

I gave reasons for my opinions, such as I rarely to never had a need for
a floor model drill press, and a bench top could sit on top of a useful
cabinet, things a newbie might want to consider.

...and coming.

You of course wasted words explaining to me some nonsense about wasting
space building a cabinet around a drill press. Sure hope you don't run
out of words because of that wasted effort.

Eveready words.