Posted to alt.home.repair

Default can i connect a 240v to this?

On 12/9/16 5:04 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 09 Dec 2016 19:44:01 +0000, CHARLES SALAMONE
m wrote:

replying to gfretwell, CHARLES SALAMONE wrote: I am sorry, but what
do you mean by "no 120v loads can be served?" When I replace the
garage fuse box with a breaker box I would like to have one 240v
switch for the sauna heater and two 120v switches for lights and
outlets. And the new breaker box will be connected to the 240v
switch in the house through the current 10 ga wire. Will that work?

You don't have enough wires. With the 2 wire plus ground UF you
have, you can only serve one circuit, 120 or 240. If you want both
you need 3 wire +g..

Could he put in a transformer to serve the lighting load?
Maybe a transfer switch to run either the sauna or the other stuff?
Cost might be an issue compared to running more wire.