Posted to uk.d-i-y
RayL12 RayL12 is offline

Default dodgy dog - what to do

On 08/12/2016 7:35 AM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well its difficult. In theory the Police should be the people, but even if
you video it and show them, its been my experience that somebody ora guide
dog has to be attacked before they move on the owners.
To me the owners need to take it to a dog trainer for some advice. Also it
should if it is a male be castrated, as this can change the nature very
quickly in some dogs. Honestly it seems as if, from your description, that
it has assumed the role of pack leader and is protecting the pack. Dogs like
this need to be put in their place early in life. Its very hard once they
get older.
It needs also to be checked over by a vet, as I've also known dogs that are
ill exhibit this kind of behaviour due one supposes to pain or insecurity.
Brian

I'm not in your shoes but, I agree with the reasoning of Passerby.

They are indeed fast and strong. They have a desire to run and pull.
Their reward is a bit of food and a good rub and thank you from the owner.

I don't see them as evolving as a predator. And, I agree that the are
borne to love company and hard play.

To maybe sway you a little more have a gander at this 2 minute video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-Nyt4Bmi8

....Ray.