Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT Political We were all wrong actually.

On 12/09/2016 02:08 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 12:16:29 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 12/09/2016 09:09 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 12/9/2016 7:37 AM, philo wrote:
On 12/08/2016 10:55 PM, Muggles wrote:

snip

idn't have a brilliant moment in history on that day.

Gingrich wasn't wrong. It just wasn't politically or socially correct to
say because everyone else was talking about the horrors of how our Navy
was attacked. I don't think he dissed the US because he didn't praise
the US. I think he was just making a point about how the Japanese
painstakingly planned and set out to achieve a military victory.

It's important, I think, to understand the sort of resolve it takes for
countries to invade other countries. We need to have an even greater
resolve so we can plan ahead to stop such things from happening, imo,
and if we can't recognize how the Japanese achieved what they saw as a
successful plan of attack, how will we be able to learn from it?

[...]

I do not care much for political correctness or all the "special
snowflakes" we have now...but Gingrich just plain picked the wrong day
to make such an asinine statement.

I get it ... some people are even LESS politically correct than you or I
might be!

I really don't care much for political correctness, level playing fields
or special snowflakes..

Yet you get all upset about what Newt said. What he said wasn't PC
and apparently you're the special snowflake.

Aw **** I was going to reply but I just melted.

My feelings were sooo hurt. Sure glad our new president is not sensitive
about little remarks.