Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dr.s.lartius@gmail.com is offline

Default dodgy dog - what to do

On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 21:36:49 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
michael newport wrote

A couple (late 20's) who live in an adjacent St have a Husky dog.
It seems uncontrollable and vicious.

... ... ...

Council?

Ditto.

If one approaches a sub-optimal department of a large organisation, such as a Council, there is likely to a be a risk of being fobbed off on a "not my job" basis when it actually is someone else's job. I forget whether the complainant had tried consulting a Councillor?

The beast is clearly thought to be a bad thing to have nearby; and that might be considered to be analogous to the case of a neighbour whose landlord does no maintenance, so that the rented property depreciates by its appearance the value of neighbouring properties. That case was treated in the Daily Telegraph last Saturday (3 Dec), in the Property section by "Property Doctor"; my copy of that section was irrevocably thrown out two days ago. A Public Library might still have it.

The "Property Doctor" article named, for a 'general nuisance', a specific Council responsibility and a likely department title.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Phil+Stewardson%22+site:www.telegraph. co.uk
finds various "Property Doctor" articles; that one might be listed there in future.

HTH

--
SL