Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Touch lamp

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 18:15:44 +0000, David Lang
wrote:

I have a table lamp which lights, changes brightness & goes off in
response to touching it.

Perfect for where it's used, but it's pink! The base seems to be some
kind of pottery. If I paint it with emulsion - will it still work?

My mother had one by her bed. Got it in Aldi IIRC. Much easier than
groping in the dark for a switch. As to whether painting it will stop
it working, I've no idea, but you could try a postage-sized patch
round the back as an experiment, or even touch it with your hand in a
poly-bag or rubber glove, to see if conductivity is important, or
whether it's a capacitance effect.

I understood it is capacitance.

--
Tim Lamb