Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default How can this work?

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 18:05:51 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

That's not a very DIY approach, it should be removed from the kitchen
and do at least one turn as a paint tin stirrer.

I use an old twin paddle kitchen mixer for smaller tins of paint (up to
2.5l) it works very well,

Once variable speed drills came along I used a stiff piece of steel rod
with the business end bent to form an open triangle.

The rod from a broken sealant gun can make a useful stirrer , many are
hexagonal section and get gripped nicely in a chuck once the flat
pushing end has been removed leaving the bent hook end as the
stirrer. often a building site skip will contain a few donors
especially towards the end of a project.
I like to keep a few ready to use ,don't bother cleaning them for use
between different paints/colours just throw them away .
They can be useful for other purposes , setting one in a flower pot of
cement makes a hook point you can stick in the ground and tie string
around if you live in a windy area and want to reinforce eg, a row of
runner beans with some guy strings.

G.Harman