Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Sash weights, what to do with them?

After replacing my original late 1800's DH windows, I have a several dozen cast iron sash weights, all around 8 lbs each. I hate to toss or even scrap them, but so far have not come up with a useful repurposing means...
Thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Use to hold a pop-up canopy for outdoor (sales?) to keep in place?
Weigh down a canopy cover or sides?
Use to weigh down a base for a floor lamp? Table? Yard Umbrella?
Come up with a project that could benefit from weight?

Clean up an old tractor tire, glue the weights in to balance it and
then sell it as a new exercise device. Flipping one around the yard is
apparently a great form of over-all strength building.

Worst case sell them to a metal artist or for scrap.