Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machinist Clamp - DIY

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 13:27:08 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

snip
A basic clamp sketch.
http://tacklemaker.info/index.php?ac...sa=view;pic=24

If you haven't already looked you may wish to poke around StrongHand
Tools website. I was thinking especially of their Adjustable Reach &
Long Reach Multi-Purpose Pliers:

http://stronghandtools.com/stronghan.../longreach.php

If nothing else looking around may give you some more ideas for making
your own. They carry a lot of interesting and unique products...

They do have some cool tools. Thanks for the link. I see one I want. The
three axis clamp for welding up machine bases would be really handy. If
their locking pliers are decent quality they may be a substitute for
Vise-Grip since IMO the VG quality isn't as good since they out sourced.