Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT Political ...everyone was wrong self included

On 12/08/2016 10:57 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 12/8/2016 7:02 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/08/2016 06:39 PM, Oren wrote:

The Japanese were brilliant, developed a strategy, implemented the
needed logistics, sailed across the Pacific and hit us on our
sovereign land.

Very brilliant indeed, their country was blown to smithereens. As I've
stated before my father saw it with his own eyes and described it to me
in great detail.

My FIL was there, too. Small world.

Not only that, one of my friend's father's was in the Marines and at Iwo
Jima when the flag was raised. He was a foot soldier but must really
have kicked himself when he saw how famous that photo became...because
in civilian life he was a professional photographer!

BTW: The photo that is now so famous was staged.

Though the flag really was raised in combat, it was too hectic to get a
shot of it.