Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How much flourescent ballast humming is too much indicatingreplacement?

On 12/8/2016 2:28 PM, Hazuki Nakamura wrote:

So my question is all about the ones that hum ever so little?

The hum is about the level of a soft whisper. You have to stop to look to
notice, otherwise you wouldn't notice the minor subtle hum.

Is that soft-whisper ballast telling me to replace it also?

The time to replace it is when the hum bothers you. Could hum for
years. Sure, the cost of LED will go down but you can;t put a dollar
value on peace of mind.

You for pay for that hum if that is a factor. The hum uses (and wastes)
electricity.