Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Using JB Weld on car gas line

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 17:17:58 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 12/7/2016 9:30 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 20:01:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

One exception. If someone gave me a Corvette I'd graciously accept it.

The only Chevy I'd consider would be a volt or a bolt if I was
buying it. A 2 door fiberglass driveway ornament I wouldn't turn down
if it was given to me, but I wouldn't waste any money on one. A couple
friends have '59 and '61 'vettes - nice toys but not something you'd
want to depend on for everyday travel.

"Wood is good, steel is real, and glass is class - so wrap your ass in
fiberglass"

Agree on the older 'vettes, but the new ones are much more reliable and
comfortable. I've known some owners over the years and every one has
another car for regular commuting and bad weather. Corvette is a nice
toy though. A friend just took his 2012 down to Florida for the winter
and averages 33 mpg.

As for the Volt or Bolt, I'd have to spend some time with it to see how
practical it is. I'm thinking heat in very cold weather and AC in
summer. Are they as good as a gas powered engine? One thing I really
like is being able to start my car for a few minutes with the heated
steering wheel on.

For the money I save by buying used Fords I can afford a few pairs of
good warm gloves - - - -.