Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Filling Oilers

Bob La Londe wrote:
I've got four machines with automatic oilers now. One pneumatic (with an
electric timer and a solenoid air valve) and three electric. The all have a
fine filter screen under the fill cover. Its a pretty fine screen which I
appreciate. The problem is it takes a long time to fill. As a result I
usually don't fill them until the low oil warning sounds off. I have a
couple squeeze bottles that work ok, but it takes a while. Basically I sit
down on the floor behind the machine and squeeze in a slow stream of oil. If
I get in a hurry it over fills. I've been trying to think of something a

Can you make a threaded tube that connects to funnel or even another metal
can where you dump the oil in, and then come back later, unscrew that and
then put the oil cap back on?

There's an engine I deal with that requires a special valve/oil spout that
just makes a huge mess and you have to squeeze the oil contailer to let it
breath and all that nonsense. The obvious solution is a maybe 4 inch
funnel that has the same thread as the oil fill cap. Never seen such a
device, has anybody?