Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hankat Hankat is offline

Default dodgy dog - what to do

news
On 08/12/16 20:31, Hankat wrote:

news
On 08/12/16 12:56, Hankat wrote:

news On 08/12/16 11:27, NY wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
It needs also to be checked over by a vet, as I've also known dogs
that are ill exhibit this kind of behaviour due one supposes to
pain
or insecurity.

Its just a husky being a husky.

I'm not sure that "it's just a husky being a husky" is an excuse,
if the
behaviour is *interpreted* as being threatening by other people.
Other
people aren't to know that a dog that is barking and straining at its
lead only wants to "lick you to death" and not to bite you. Even if
the
dog didn't bite, it could knock over a child in its sheer
exuberance to
make friends.

That's a slippery slope, that's already been done to death by
'minority' interests who claim that what counts are not the facts of
the case, but how they FEEL about the facts..

I mean us poor men feel sexually abused every time a women glances at
our crotches, or puts on predatory makeup... ;-)

It sounds as if the owners of the dog have got a real handful and
aren't
able to keep it in control. Yes, the owners should train it to calm
down, but many of the largest, most threatening dogs are owned by the
people who are least likely to take kindly to being recommended to
train
their dog. I hesitate to use the c--v word :-)

I cant think of a single word in the English language that ends in
'v'...Slavic perhaps...

Pov, chav, lav...

None of those are english words. Either acronyms,

Nope.

pov is acronym, Point Of View

That is just one meaning of pov.
https://www.wordnik.com/words/pov

abbreviations,

Plenty of english words are abbreviations, like bus for example.

Er no, they aren't.

Fraid so.

Normally they are written with a dot to show they
are abbreviations like etc. or lav. and so on.

In fact they hardly ever are anymore.

Bus has just about passed the test of time into a word in its own right.

And so have plenty of other abbreviations like pram, bike and trike.

or WHY

Too cryptic.