Posted to alt.home.repair

Default torpedo heater - OT ? you decide ...

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 12:47:11 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:
My 30,000 BTU lpg torp heater has started burning back into the mixer tube
, and I can't figger it out . I have so far tried an adjustable regulator
thinking that maybe the original was malfunctioning and I've pulled a wad of
steel wool thru the tube in case a little roughness might be affecting the
air flow or maybe a spider web doing the same .
No joy , it still burns back into the mixer tube . Any thoughts on what
else might be causing this problem ?
--
Snag

Did you check the whole fuel delivery system? If something is restricting fuel flow anywhere it will cause a problem. I'd check the orifice for trash plugging it or anywhere else in the gas delivery system. I recall a screen on the input of the last propane regulator I fiddled with and I've also seen the screen on natural gas regulators get clogged. (・_・ヾ

[8~{} Uncle Heater Monster