Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Drilling down internal wall from loft

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 14:19:57 +0000, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

On 08/12/2016 13:59, Tricky Dicky wrote:
One method is to locate the noggins by tapping the wall. Then cut out a small section of the PB across the noggin a few inches either side of it. Drill either at a very shallow angle or notch the noggin after you have passed the cable through and capped it with a metal cable protector replace the small section of PB and fill and make good.

I think this would be my own preferred method especially no I have a
"Multitool" which should leave a perfectly sized patch to be glued back
into the hole.

Done this with a ceiling - cut at an angle so that the patch doesn't fall
through th hole. As its natural fit would then be slightly sunken, putting
on a good bead of adhesive allows you to press it in until flush.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away