Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default snow toys

On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 9:20:44 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

My old (1982) JD yard tractor came with a blade , no need for wings
because it can be angled to either side as needed . How are you
raising/lowering the blade ? Mine is hydraulic with power down , which comes
in handy . Gotta get the chains on , in case we do actually get some snow .
Been so long since I fired it up it needed the battery charged ...
--
Snag

THe blade can be angled. But without wings the blade is 42 inches and the JD lawn tractor is about 62 inches from the outside of the tires to the outside of the other tire.

The blade is raised or lowered by running a nut up or down an some all thread. Fortunately the drive is pretty flat and there should not be much raising and lowering.

I have a float charger keeping the battery charged.

I really should get some chains. If worst comes to worst, I can shovel it by hand. Have done that before. It is only about 200 yards long.

Dan