Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT Political

On 12/08/2016 12:30 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Bottom line is that the US knew the Japanese were going to attack.
Hardly a brilliant move on the part of the Japanese.

A documentary I watched just last night said that the Japanese declared
war on us 30 minutes prior to the attack. So they knew we knew, or at
least they thought we knew.

In those days a 30 minute warning would never have gotten through to the
proper people in time. Even today a 30 minute warning would not have
been enough to prepare.

My father was among the first of our troops to enter Nagasaki after
the war. It did not seem to work out so well for them.

Had Japan been brilliant they would have stayed the **** out.

It didn't take them very long to realize what a big mistake they made,
but they surrendered too late.

Yep, That was my whole point, the decision to attack Pearl Harbor was
not a brilliant move at all. It was step one to the total annihilation
of Japan.

Even if Gingrich made one additional tweet that day that I initially
missed...it's his use of the word "brilliant" that rankled me for a
dastardly and cowardly deed.