Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_15_] Muggles[_15_] is offline

Default OT Political

On 12/8/2016 11:33 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 11:37:00 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 12/08/2016 10:17 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 9:55:29 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
Though I've been keeping my political remarks to a minimum ...here is
the exact quote from Gingrich. He made this yesterday on the 75th
anniversary of Pearl Harbor:

snip

Had the statement been part of of a broader analysis it might have been
a different issue

Apparently it was part of a somewhat broader analysis.

No it wasn't he made two Tweets. Twitter is not the place to posit a
broad analysis. He made no praise anywhere of American values.

You really are an imbecile. He made two tweets and you totally ignored
the first, which puts it in context. You came here and told us it was
"standalone". That was false. The tweet that immediately preceded it,
shows he was speaking about learning the lessons of Pearl Harbor as they
still apply today.

You're not much of a people person, are you? Philo is obviously not an
imbecile. What he IS is someone who cares about what actually happened
to the people at Pearl Harbor.

If you understood people, you'd understand he's probably not the only
person to "hear" the same thing from the comments Gingrich made. It's
an emotionally charged issue, and you've shown you've no skill to
understand how or why people would respond emotionally to anything.

--
Maggie